Wednesday, January 4, 2023




Today's Daily Stoic challenge: finding a mentor, teacher, or other ways to up my learning in some subject. Seeking out my own personal Plato, as it were. I'd like to take more photography classes, but I'm not sure yet if I'll have the time over the next few months for an in-person thing. In the meantime, I have access to a MasterClass roster, so I'll do the series on mindfulness, ukulele playing (it's been awhile), or one of the cooking tutorials. We'll see how things pan out.

In other news related to yesterday's post, about getting better sleep: I don't want to demonize naps, or eliminate them completely from my life, because they can be nourishing and good, but I have to get a better handle on how I integrate them. Went out for a Jennsday Wednesday lunch, came back and crashed (still feeling a little under the weather) from 6pm till about 10pm. Now it's almost midnight, I'm wide awake, and tomorrow I'll probably be in a bad sleep cycle again. The difference this time is I'll commit to resetting for next week... or even for Friday! Every day is a new day.


Tweets and treats at @jenngidman.

No comments:

Post a Comment