Friday, August 7, 2015

Running Through My CD Collection: Day 3




Today's album: Deseo (Jon Anderson) 

Length: 44 minutes 

Activity: Stretching

What listening to this album made me think of: I'm a YES-head, and more specifically a Jon Anderson-head. I never really know what the heck he's talking about, because he's way out there, but I always feel uplifted and alive after listening to either YES or his solo stuff. I know how corny I sound, but I don't care, because I just listened to this album and it all makes sense in the moment.

Deseo is one of his ventures into world music, this one influenced by Latin and South American sounds, and it always transports me far away from wherever I am (in tonight's case, my living room floor). 

Review: It's got a very similar sound to 1989's Anderson Bruford Wakeman Howe album, which affected me in similar but different ways. It's alternately soothing and seductive, and I get sucked right in.

How I felt after: Relaxed. Hopeful. In love with the idea of being in love. Able to breath better. Beset with an urge to be honest, and free in that honesty. Hopeful.

Random fact I learned about this artist/album: The same year (1994) Jon Anderson released this album and Change We Must (which I also own), he sang on a kids' video game called Tuneland, designed for children ages 3 to 6 and starring Howie Mandel, with other music by members of Pink Floyd and the Doobie Brothers. Huh.

Why I'm doing this: See Day 1.


Tweets and treats at @jenngidman.

No comments:

Post a Comment