Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Day 68: '80s MUSIC TRIVIA FAIL!

Perhaps I'll dress up as Patty Smyth on the day of the Dash, just to get into the spirit of things.

I decided to create a special "Warrior Dash" playlist on my iPod with songs specifically designed to get me pumped up and all warrior-like. Naturally, it was imperative to include that '80s standard "The Warrior." I knew I had it on my iPod (it's come on in my car during "Shuffle" mode), yet I couldn't find it among all of my Pat Benatar tracks.

I finally took to the Internet to see if I could download a new version from iTunes, and after a few minutes of trolling, I discovered that "The Warrior" wasn't the raspy vocal magic of Mrs. Love Is a Battlefield, but instead that of Patty Smyth and Scandal. I think at some point I knew this, but the slow, tortured death of many brain cells had wiped it from memory, so I got a rousing reintroduction via the YouTube video of the Pauly D–coiffed Smyth belting out heartwrenching lyrics while a dude who resembles Rick Springfield dressed as Edward Scissorhands is attacked by a bunch of ninjas adorned in cargo nets.

The crimson-red lipstick, the Madonna-inspired dark eyebrows, the cheesy choreography ... man, I miss the '80s.

No comments:

Post a Comment